Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks a Project Manager to join our new History team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Project Manager, History supports the Director, History in building the newly formed History team at Great Minds. This position is responsible for ensuring that new projects are planned, scheduled, and executed on time and within budget by following standard processes and procedures grounded in best practice for project management. The Project Manager coordinates multiple functional teams responsible for the production and delivery of Great Minds History curriculum and ancillary products in support of the content development, marketing, sales, and customer success departments. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate works well independently, this is also a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Publishing Manager
- Implement established Great Minds processes and procedures in alignment with industry best practices for project management across multiple projects
- During the project initiation and planning stages of History team development, create tools to document the scope, project constraints and risks, communications systems, budget trackers, change requests and risk mitigation strategies
- Work with History team to develop a project scope, outcomes, timeline, workflow and priorities against the product roadmap
- Recommend to History Leadership Team the needed resources critical to project planning and execution
- Organize and monitor production schedules and necessary pre-launch trainings, assign tasks to established resources, and monitor the overall work of the History project team
- Monitor project task completion with ongoing focus on the project critical path by obtaining regular updates from project staff regarding status and take immediate corrective action as required
- Anticipate, document, manage project risks, and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Provide support to History Leadership Team and Product Manager on all assigned projects including resource allocation management
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work-flow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Develop a comprehensive project communication plan and make sure all key stakeholders and project staff are regularly informed of progress to goal as well as new information and rapidly occurring developments
- Act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders, ensure adequate information is communicated in a timely manner, identify and address issues, provide support and guidance, and coordinate activities in line with the project plan
- Represent the Humanities team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency