Production Coordinator, XML
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Production Coordinator, XML to join our dynamic, growing Production Services team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position**
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The XML Production Coordinator is an integral player in moving Great Minds educational products from print to digital via XML. The XML Production Coordinator assists the XML team with ensuring the production and quality of XML by vendors as well as with the production of XML in house. Consulting with the team, the XML Coordinator must be able to manipulate XML code to troubleshoot and fix issues and produce well-formed XML documents. The work may span multiple projects simultaneously.
- Update and maintain various project plans, trackers, and agendas as needed
- Understand fundamentals of web publishing processes
- Review XML to identify issues directly in code
- Ingest XML into a staging environment to identify issues as rendered on the website front end
- Consult with the Senior Production XML Specialist to identify and problem-solve XML issues to arrive at prescriptive code-based solutions
- Understand how XML relates to HTML and CSS
- Coordinate the upload of image assets to a web server
- With guidance, review feedback from product managers and translate it into clear and actionable feedback for XML vendors
- Work with team members to use Python and other programming languages to automate bulk changes to XML code
- Basic understanding of document type definitions (DTDs) and schemas, and how to use the Book Interchange Tag Set (BITS) DTD to define the valid elements of XML files
- Upload/download files, determine and maintain proper XML folder setup in SharePoint and Dropbox
- Exercise sound judgement, especially regarding escalation of problems
- Communicate with other internal departments and project managers
- Communicate with vendors