Great Minds, a rapidly growing Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Managing Editor to join our growing Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Managing Editor, Wit & Wisdom Digital, plays a critical role in the launch, implementation, and execution of Wit & Wisdom digital content. Through exceptional organization and communication, the Managing Editor will be responsible for maintaining quality control of Wit & Wisdom digital content, creating and maintaining team guidelines and processes, coordinating team scheduling and meetings, and facilitating cross-team communications and collaboration.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented editor who possesses expertise in digital content development, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, experience in K-12 content knowledge, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to Great Minds’ organizational vision. While the work is remote, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Reports To: Editorial Director, Humanities
- Shepherd Wit & Wisdom digital materials, including slides and interactive learning experiences, through the development cycle.
- Create a process to develop alternative text for images included within all Wit & Wisdom materials for users with limited sight or blindness.
- Inform, monitor, and consistently improve processes for Wit & Wisdom digital content development, including digital authoring and/or ingestion into a Content Management System (e.g. Cognito, Strapi).
- Collaborate with the Editorial Director, Humanities on the development of team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a proactive, problem-solving approach to ensure high-quality and on-time completion.
- Work in partnership with the project management team on the execution of solutions-oriented internal team and cross-team systems to ensure high-quality and on-time completion.
- Collaborate with the curriculum development team leadership to ensure pedagogical and content alignment.
- Maintain and develop training programs and onboarding processes for curriculum developers to build their knowledge and understanding of the functionality of Wit & Wisdom digital content development.
- Develop guidelines, procedures, and norms for procedural tasks (e.g. formal and informal tracking of specified metadata, ingestion of content into digital tools, quality-check assurances of final product) related to digital Wit & Wisdom tasks.