Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Curriculum Specialist, Investigation to join our dynamic, dedicated PhD Science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Curriculum Specialist, Investigation position supports the Great Minds PhD Science team in creating an exemplar science curriculum grounded in three pillars: knowledge, coherence, and rigorous engagement. The Curriculum Specialist, Investigation position assist in designing and investigations that allow students to build knowledge of the world through exploration of scientific phenomenon. This position works with vendors to procure materials that are aligned to investigations with sustainability, cost, and student learning in mind.
- Collaborate with writing teams to design and test investigations that ensure alignment to NGSS and the three pillars of the PhD Science program.
- Work with external vendors to identify, source, and test materials that support PhD Science investigations
- Review and provide feedback to ensure consistency and alignment of investigation support and information regarding materials across PhD Science program components.
- Participate in regular communication with external vendors to develop and source products.
- Create, edit, and maintain accurate PhD Science materials lists for various audience and purposes.
- Work with product manager to advise on products bundling and pricing.
- Track and monitor budgets for investigation testing, planning, and final products in consultation with writing teams.
- Developing photographs and videos to capture visual models of investigation setup procedures to assist in accurate and efficient delivery of curriculum.