Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks a Curriculum Designer for Standards and Assessment in Grades 6-8 to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Curriculum Designer, Standards and Assessment supports the Senior Curriculum Designer, Standards and Assessment to execute the vision for standards alignment and assessment strategy for the Wit & Wisdom curriculum. This Curriculum Designer position will focus on and work closely with the content development team in the Grades 6-8 band within the Humanities department. This role is an exceptional opportunity for experienced teachers, writers, and curriculum developers who possess Grades 6-8 content knowledge and pedagogical expertise, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, and the belief that every child is capable of greatness. This role also requires deep knowledge, understanding, and experience with standards-aligned instruction, backward-designed curriculum, and assessment development at the middle school level. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.Reports To:
- Sr. Curriculum Designer, Standards and Assessment
Support the Sr. Curriculum Designer in executing the curricular vision for standards alignment in the development of Wit & Wisdom in Grades 6-8
Provide ongoing feedback and support regarding standards-aligned instruction to the curriculum development team by:
- Developing and facilitating professional learning sessions,
- Creating and leading mini workshops,
- Holding regularly scheduled office hours, and
- Reviewing content to provide targeted and educative feedback on standards alignment.
Support the Sr. Curriculum Designer in fulfilling the assessment strategy in the development of Wit & Wisdom in Grades 6-8
- Continually collaborate with the content development team to study and understand the knowledge and skills being built in the modules.
Design high-quality assessments that drive instruction in the Grades 6-8 grade-band by:
- Developing standards-aligned rubrics for writing and speaking tasks,
- Reviewing and supporting creation of writing and speaking tasks, and
- Creating reading comprehension assessments.
- Collaborate effectively with the Sr. Curriculum Designer, Grades 6-8 Curriculum Lead, Managing Editor, Content Leads, and Curriculum Developers on instructional decision making related to standards and assessment to ensure consistency of content
- Adhere to a deadline-driven workflow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Exemplify Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality