Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks a Content Lead focused on K-12 assessment to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Content Lead, Assessment will lead a project to develop a set of unique Achievement Descriptors (ADs), or learning objectives, for Humanities Team curriculum and assessments; ingest the ADs into our digital content platform; and align the ADs to state standards. In addition to leading the project, the Content Lead will manage a project team of four curriculum developers who will draft the ADs for various grade bands.
The project team will be a part of the Humanities Assessment team, which supports the development of curriculum-embedded assessment systems that reflect and elevate instruction, align to standards, and drive equity. The team is committed to disrupting the assessment landscape by emphasizing the essential roles of texts, knowledge, and content in assessment. This work will help bring high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum and assessment to all students by supporting educators throughout the country in aligning Wit & Wisdom content to their state’s standards.
The role is an exceptional opportunity for experienced teachers, writers, and curriculum developers who possess K-12 content knowledge and pedagogical expertise, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, and the belief that every child is capable of greatness. This role also requires deep knowledge, understanding, and experience with standards-aligned instruction and assessment development at the K-12 level. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Managing Editor, Assessment
Lead the Achievement Descriptor (AD) project, which will include:
- Creation of tools (e.g. achievement descriptors and standards crosswalks) to support the alignment of instructional and assessment content to state standards
- Development, revision, and editing of a set of Achievement Descriptors aligned to state standards and Wit & Wisdom instructional goals
- Coordination with the Managing Editor (ME), Assessment as well as the Curriculum Design and grade-band content teams to ensure the Achievement Descriptors align with the Wit & Wisdom instructional vision
- Ingestion of Achievement Descriptors and standards data into a digital content platform and proper tagging of Wit & Wisdom content
- Aligning Achievement Descriptors to various sets of state standards
- Editing of curricular and assessment content to align with Achievement Descriptors
- Working closely with the technology and product teams to design, prioritize, and develop technology solutions to accommodate the project tasks described above, including a digital content tagging and taxonomy system
- Manage a team of four Curriculum Developers focused on the development of achievement descriptors and standards alignments
- Adhere to a deadline-driven workflow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Collaborate effectively with the Managing Editor, Project Manager, and Curriculum Developers on the Assessment Team; the Content Leads and Content Developers on the content team; the technology team; and the product team on both process and content to ensure coherence and alignment with the Humanities Team’s product vision
- Contribute to additional Humanities Assessment Team development projects as needed, including developing and editing print and digital literacy assessments for reading and writing; authoring and testing content in a digital platform; and logging metadata