About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join the Glitch Platform team and focus on building a reliable and secure infrastructure for our rapidly growing user base. This role will be key, as Glitch runs user code. You'll be working on all of the problems that come with that ability - preventing user code from accessing infrastructure and from affecting other users' code.
We're looking for people with:
- Experience with AWS and cloud security
- Experience with container security
- The ability to dig into our code, which is TypeScript and NodeJS, both to find and fix vulnerabilities
- Experience with network security
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- Deep experience with Docker security
- Experience with SELinux and/or mandatory access controls
- At least 3 years experience in a security role
Most importantly, we're looking for:
- Someone who can adapt, be flexible and learn new technologies quickly. We're moving quickly and have no intention of slowing down!
What to expect when you apply:
- Your application will be reviewed by a real human. We do look at every application that we receive and sometimes this means it may take us a few weeks to get back to you.
- You will hear from us in an email. After each phase of the interview process we contact each candidate to let you know whether or not you'll be moving on to a next step.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an introductory video call with a member of the hiring team. The goal of this step is to get to know you and learn more about your professional and personal experience and ambitions.
- If you are selected to move on, we invite you to a round of interviews with several of our team members. This interview stage typically lasts 3 hours and includes technical interviews where you will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis and personal discussions about your potential fit at Glitch. Our technical interviews ask you to complete tasks that are applicable to this position. We work with you on the tasks and you are able to use whatever resources you need. We don't expect you to have memorized all of the APIs you're using
- Finally, we hold what we call our Operations Interview where you'll have an additional video call with our head of HR and our COO. This conversation is intended to help us understand where you are at in your job search process and answer any questions you may still have about working at Glitch.
- If you are selected for this role, you will receive a detailed offer letter from us that includes salary and compensation information and you will be given an opportunity to discuss this offer with our COO.