This is a remote role based in North America.
The GitLab Sales Development team is looking for a Sales Development Solutions Architect to join our Revenue Marketing Team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing real-time support to the Sales Development Reps as they prospect and build pipeline in multiple sales segments. You’ll collaborate with the Sales Development leadership team as well as other teams in Marketing and Sales to validate and develop content from a technical perspective.
As a technical training specialist, excellent communication and people skills are a must as you’ll be instrumental in training new hires on our product and market. You'll need to achieve a balance of technical expertise, a real passion for the DevOps market, and the desire to help our team fully understand our product and our business model, so that they can in turn work with customers and have valuable conversations that identify opportunities.
**What you’ll do in this role: **
- Provide presales technical support to influence the discovery of new business opportunities.
- Provide compelling product demonstrations for Sales Development Reps so that they may communicate effectively with prospects. having seen GitLab first hand. We want to engage prospects of interest that haven’t yet reached the stage of opportunity and compel them to do so.
- Develop curriculum and deliver regular and on-going product training to the all Sales Development team. .Ex. onboarding with IT 101, what is DevOps?, What is CI/CD etc.)
- Participate in content validation for prospecting purposes.
- Onboard and train new hires on our product through various training sessions.
- Create and manage a forum where Sales Development reps can ask questions and receive answers providing real-time support and coaching.
- Provide constant feedback and ideas on how to address knowledge gaps and continually engage the team's interest in technical learning.
You should apply if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience with GitLab or similar products in the DevOps space.
- The ability to interpret customer’s business problems and technical issues, and effectively explain how our solution will align to their needs or requirements.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and explain technical concepts to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Comfortability presenting and having technical discussions with Sales Development reps.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for technology and open source.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply! We value diverse experience, so go for it and submit an application if GitLab sounds like a place you’d like to join.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
Our hiring process, along with the compensation for this position, can be found in our handbook. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.