This position is remote, based in the United States or EMEA.
As a Sales Development Manager focused on Onboarding and Enablement, your job is ) Train other members of the sales development team, decrease new hire ramp time, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the sales development team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the BDR and SDR teams, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- Train members of the Sales Development Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure Sales Development Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback focusing on Tooling and Process
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development Managers to improve opportunity management and qualification processes.
- Work in collaboration with Content and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to the teams assigned accounts.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new Sales Development Representatives.
- Train, enable and suggest best practices regarding SDR Tool stack.
- Work closely with marketing operations regard process improvement and leveraging tools effectively.
- Work with SDR Leadership to keep the SDR Handbook relevant and current
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Sales Development Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with the Business Development Manager
- Then, candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our Director of Sales Development
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CMO
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.