A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We already have a large team of Frontend Engineers and we're planning to more than double the team's size over the next year. You can look over our organizational chart to see open vacancies.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
What you can expect in a Frontend Engineering Manager role at GitLab:
- Actively seek to build out a great team
- Make your team happy and successful
- Improve processes to make your team more effective
- Collaborates effectively with others
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of their team
- Plans and executes long term strategies that benefit the team and the product stage
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Understands engineering metrics and seeks to improve them
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.