With over 40 million developers worldwide and plans to double this number by 2025 the GitHub Support team is tasked with providing best-in-class support to our global and diverse customer base from your first coding project to large enterprises and partners. We are on the front line every day, 24 x 7, helping empower every developer to achieve more.
We interact with customers via assisted support interactions each year using each of these interactions as an opportunity to create a fan and differentiate our brand. The opportunity to decrease incident volumes, increase customer self-solve rates, expand community support and improve content is significant and the impact to both customer experience and cost reductions can be material.
We are looking for a senior strategic leader to lead our Digital Transformation strategy for Support. The right candidate for this role will have significant experience in leading a similar digital transformation program previously with demonstrable results in terms of positive customer experience and increasing customer self-solve rates. They will have a strong technical bias, able to competently engage with engineering teams and internal IT teams and the experience of working in a matrixed environment, working with multiple stake-holders.
- Leadership of the “Empower Me” pillar of the Customer Experience Framework, accountable for the Empower Me goals across all of Support.
- Leadership of our Front Door programs and strategy, encompassing customer experience.
- Leadership of the support experience design as it pertains to the customer journey through the pillars of the customer experience framework, working with delivery leaders to identify opportunities to improve the experience through tools, workflows and automation.
- Define and lead programs to materially reduce volumes of assisted support cases and increase self-help support through deployment of AI, RPA, ML and other technology as needed.
- Partnering on the content strategy with the Doc’s team to support Empower Me goals and achieve a material impact on content usage/success and in support of assisted support volume reductions with targeted problem resolution rates (PRR).
- Leadership of the Community strategy team, to support Empower Me goals and achieve increased Customer Satisfaction and a material impact in increasing self-solve rates through the communities, thereby reducing assisted support volumes.
- Leadership of Digital Support
- Drive digital Global Support programs working in conjunction with engineering teams and tooling where joint effort/funding is agreed.
- Develop and lead our GTM strategy for support of products that are new, amended or end of life
- Leadership of “incubation” support – new products/services at early adopter stage.
- Leadership of any AI support – developing the support strategy and delivery model with delivery accountability.
- Leadership of the Gig Partnership within the Community
Global Support Ambassador
- Represent support internally and externally showcasing support as a thought leader in the Digital service & support space.
- Engage with relevant Engineering teams at GitHub and Microsoft participating in programs related to AI.
- Support Executive Briefing Center requests for support representation showcasing GitHub's Global Support Experience and Digital Transformation
Alignment across Support LT and IT Business Systems partners on long-term tooling strategy that:
- delivers Support Engineer and Customer satisfaction with the tools and front doors
- significantly increases pulse results relating to GTM
- delivers an improved customer experience
- Defines and operationalized metrics needed to measure the impact of self service tools
- Achievement of incident reduction goals, increases in self-solve rates and customer satisfaction with self-help support aligned to a signed off plan, in support of Empower Me goals, encompassing goals associated with Content and Community functions.
- Operating within budget and delivering the agreed financial ROI for all Support programs and costs.
- Be the chief story teller for customer contact propensity and ease of use within the product set
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.