GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We're growing fast and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills and attention to detail to support our VP of Communications & Corporate Marketing.
The role will be responsible for streamlining the executive’s schedule and handling key processes, and serving as an interface to external persons and groups looking to book time. Additionally, this role will manage a tightly scoped set of projects, such as processing vendor contracts through our procurement process, interfacing with external vendors, gathering stakeholders for key meetings, scheduling across executives for major events, and team planning and coordination. The ideal candidate also should be a great editor and grammar pro to help support the team’s content review process. This person should be detail-oriented, organized, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for an individual who sees problems as puzzles to solve, and is resourceful in their ingredients to the solution. Being active and able to make decisions with minimal guidance or communication is crucial in this role.
You will also provide support to other key leaders within the organization as needed. This role is based in the West Coast region and reports directly to the VP of Communications & Corporate Marketing.
You will need to take ownership of the following:
- Provide administrative support, including calendaring and expense report preparation.
- Field internal and external scheduling requests and provide recommendations to support efficiency and ensure alignment with executive’s priorities.
- Budget, plan, and organize large-scale events, such as all-hands meetings and leadership offsites.
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly like GitHub, project management software, and the like.
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- Coordinate with other executives and/or executive assistants for cross-functional scheduling during core events.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas.
- Manage meeting agendas, notes, minutes, and follow-up items.
- Serve as copy editor to support the team’s content review process.
- Manage logistical and operational needs to enable activity across all channels.
- Handle confidential information professionally.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in technical environments and comfortable with project management.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels and departments.
- Skilled with creative and critical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs.
- Proficient in office software such as calendars, spreadsheets, presentation apps, etc.
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Confidence in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Copywriting experience.
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.