At Framework, we believe the time has come for products that are designed to last. Founded in San Francisco in 2019, our mission is to remake Consumer Electronics to respect people and the planet.
Our first product is the Framework Laptop, a thin, lightweight, high-performance 13.5” notebook that can be upgraded, customized, and repaired in ways that no other notebook can. To support this, we're also creating a marketplace to enable an ecosystem of new, used, and refurbished products and modules.
We come from successful consumer electronics startups including the founding team of Oculus, and we’re funded to fulfill our mission. We care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive team, and we hope you do too!
We're looking for a fantastic Product Manager to own the customer-facing strategy and feature development for the Framework Marketplace. The Marketplace is at the core of our mission, enabling product longevity through an ecosystem of modules, upgrades, and accessories. We have an incredibly interesting and challenging roadmap ahead on it, spanning deeper traceability on our products, enabling volume ordering to support businesses, and opening up individual consumer resale of used products and parts. We’re looking for someone who is excited to explore and experiment with e-commerce functionality that is as novel and engaging as our hardware products are. As an early member of our Marketplace team, this role has the potential for enormous impact.
- Own development and execution of the customer-facing strategy and roadmap for the Framework Marketplace
- Perform user and market research to deeply understand the needs and pain points of our target audiences
- Define new features, functionality, and growth initiatives to continue to improve the customer experience and advance our mission of remaking consumer electronics to respect people and the planet
- Break down high level features into detailed plans, specifications, and mockups
- Work closely with our design, engineering, and program management leads on feature scoping and prioritization
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and design leads on website updates for new hardware product launches
- Build a marketplace that is as awesome as the hardware products that will go on it
- 3+ years of experience managing consumer-facing online stores or marketplaces
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business, computer science, or another technical field
- Experience collaborating with developers, designers, and program managers on complex web products
- A desire and ability to wear multiple hats in the early stages of a company, including taking on slices of growth and program management prior to there being dedicated people in those roles
- Enthusiasm to start fresh with a clean sheet of paper, bringing bold new thinking to craft an amazing e-commerce roadmap
- Inventiveness, curiosity, and a passion for building products that people love
- Previous experience in an early-stage startup or in standing up new e-commerce initiatives
- Strength in analytics and data science
- Expertise with consumer electronics products or other high value consumer goods
- Experience building e-commerce for international audiences
What we offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Flexible work hours and locations
- The chance to be an early member of Framework's team and shape our marketplace product and strategy
- The opportunity to work at a startup that is fixing a major industry