Do you enjoy working in Go within a microservices architecture? Do you want to work alongside other developers and support them in levelling up? Then please read more below...
With over 98 million active users across 24 countries, here at Just Eat Takeaway.com we’re a global food tech company, connecting our customers from Toronto to Auckland with the food they love. In Canada we are SkipTheDishes! We’re proud of what we’ve built, and the countless ways we’ve connected people with food, everywhere. Now we can’t wait to make it even better.
Within Just Eat Takeaway.com, we are JET Connect. We are organised in small cross-functional teams. Each one of our teams owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. We are responsible for the group’s integrations with restaurant partners, making us at the core of Product & Tech. We started our journey as a start-up called Flyt and are now excited to be part of a much bigger team as JET Connect!
All about the role
We are on the lookout for a remote senior developer to join our team.
Commercial experience in Golang is essential and you should enjoy coaching other developers and supporting them on their growth path.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to
- Build new features in our core language Go
- Work within our Microservices architecture and deliver highly readable and maintainable code
- Work with the world's largest delivery companies and innovate in this exciting space
- Make key architectural decisions and help move our platform forwards
Can you deliver...
Here are the skills and experience we need from you:
- Commercial experience in Golang is essential!
- Experience leading and supporting a team of developers
- Proven development experience in project environments
- Experience communicating in client-facing roles as well as behind the scenes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion and desire to contribute to high impact projects in a fast paced organisation
- Tracking the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team.
Nice to have
- Experience in Typescript
Here is our offer
Here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we offer our colleagues the chance to develop and grow alongside top talent in one of the world’s leading food delivery companies. By providing a creative, dynamic and innovative environment, we empower our people and give them the ingredients for success.
That means you’ll enjoy:
- 20 days paid annual leave per annum and your birthday day off!
- Flexibility to work how you want
- Local offices where you can work, meet, interact and align
- Work remotely in your country of employment (if your role allows you to)
- Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- Working from home allowance to equip you with the tools you need to do your job
Global Learning Hub
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and project management
- Learning channels & courses
- Open libraries
- Regular socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!)
Benefits are aligned to global guidelines but may vary per country due to local legislation, insurance availability and local prioritisation of types of benefits.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colourful selves to work every day.
The Interview Process
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring:
- A ~30-minute call with one of our hiring managers, talking about your experience, the role, and to answer any questions you have.
- A take-home technical test will then be reviewed by a subject matter expert (SME), with feedback given.
- A final interview with two people from our team. Here we talk about your values and past experiences in more detail. A final decision will be made following this interview.
Whereabouts and things to note
- As part of your role you will be required to be on-call at least once per quarter. You will be trained and remunerated as per the On-Call Policy.
- This role can be based anywhere within Canada although we do encourage individuals to be near Winnipeg to take advantage of our lovely offices!
More about us