Flyt, part of the Just Eat Takeaway Group, is a technology platform designed to connect the world’s largest food delivery company. Chances are, if you have ordered food on your phone you have touched our technology.
Today, we’re a global company, with our technology being deployed across Europe, North America and Australasia, and with team members in six countries. Yet we’re still human-scale: everyone can get to know everyone, and we are structured to ensure every team has a strong sense of community and autonomy on how to hit their goals.
Flyt is organised in small, cross-functional, autonomous teams we call squads. Each one of our squads owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. Same principles as the Spotify model, but customised to what works for us.
Collaborating Together, Inspiring Excellent Results! At Flyt, we value five key areas - Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm and Results Achievement which we embrace and use to define ourselves. These values enable us with the guiding principles to make our own choices.
We are on the lookup for a remote senior front-end engineer to join the team at Flyt.
Experience with Vue is essential and you’ll love working in a small cross functional team (product manager, two developers and technical operations).
What you’ll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Collaborating with product designers and the business on a new Flyt product
- Be involved in the UX process from wireframes and prototypes, all the way through to implementation and release
- Working with backend engineers to implement new end to end features, used by customers like Nandos, Mitchells and Butlers, Just Eat, McDonalds, Greggs, Burger King
- Working in a small cross functional team with autonomy to make your own decisions on tools, ways of working - but also as part of a wider engineering team of 25 with experts in areas like microservices, devops, distributed systems and more.
You must have
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commercial experience with Vue 2.X and Vuex
- HTML and CSS (Specifically SASS)
- Commercial experience interacting with backend services over a REST API
- The ability to write clear and well tested code. We use Jest and Cypress
- An ability to balance technical excellence vs business requirements
- Experience working in a small cross functional team
- Experience working in a continuous deployment environment
Nice to haves
- Knowledge and experience of micro-frontend architecture
- Experience with TypeScript
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious.
- Competitive salary
- MacBook Pro to enable you to do your job
- A training budget to help you level-up
- A bonus pool based on performance
- 20 days paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme and engineering development programme to support you in levelling up and access to coaches on leadership, product and tech
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (on hold until it’s safe to do so again)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day__.