Float is the world's leading resource scheduling app, helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time.
We are looking for a remote Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team of 19.
You will work with our engineering team to provision, automate, and tune our microservice-based architecture. Your focus will be on reliable deployments, high availability, and scalability that allows our engineers to quickly and safely build features on our Kubernetes-based infrastructure (GKE on GCP). You will be a strong communicator and collaborator, with experience working remotely and/or across time zones.
Reporting to the CTO, the key responsibility of this role is building, maintaining, and streamlining Float's automated build and release pipelines within our GCP and Kubernetes infrastructure. Other key responsibilities include:
- Create, maintain, and iterate CI/CD pipelines and scripts
- Ensure site reliability through actionable monitoring, alerting, and escalation procedures
- Support and evolve internal DevOps best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues/outages
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Float features via infrastructure support
- Lead internal data security policies and practices
- Maintain and improve data processing compliance standards, including GDPR, Privacy Shield, and SOC 2
- Proven track record as a DevOps engineer working with Kubernetes and Docker in a production environment
- DevOps engineering experience working with GCP cloud architecture products (GKE, Google Serverless, CloudSQL, etc.) in production
- Solid experience with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, Spinnaker, CodeFresh, etc.) and pipeline-based build processes
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure security including DNS, networking, TCP/IP, SSL, and firewall/VPN concepts
- Experience deploying and supporting distributed microservices-based containerized architecture
- Proficient, hands-on scripting experience in Bash, Python, Go, etc.
- Ability to leverage application and system metrics, log events, and wire data to analyze performance
- Production experience with at least one configuration management framework (Terraform preferred)
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- Understanding and experience with one or more logging and monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Datadog, Appdynamics, Sumologic, VividCortex, ELK, etc.)
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Experience with Helm
Bonus points for experience in:
- Logging and log analysis systems (ELK, Stackdriver, Splunk)
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Automated application testing (API, consumer contracts, Selenium, etc.)
- Load testing
- User management on cloud platform (IAM administration)
- Domain management/Let's Encrypt
- Experience with one or more compliance certifications including Privacy Shield, SOC 2, or equivalent
- 💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home
- 🖥 Home office expense budget: We help kickstart or upgrade your home office setup
- 💪 Health & fitness expense budget: A budget for the activities that help keep your mind and body in shape
- 🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be
- 🏰 Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year. The last two were in Athens and Lisbon
- ⚕️ Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children
- 💰 Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
We’re a 100% remote and global team delivering the world's leading resource scheduling app and helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time. Some of the best brands on the planet rely on us daily for their team scheduling needs including BuzzFeed, Hulu and Deloitte.
We’re looking for the best of the best, so your location is not important. We encourage people of different backgrounds and perspectives to join our team and deliver their best work.