First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge, and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic and resourceful team members to expand our Alation practice and delight our clients. As a Senior Data Catalog Engineer, you would install, configure, customize and implement the Alation data catalog software solution. Working closely with a Principal Consultant, you would conduct training and advise customers on the approach and use of key product features, as well as best practices to drive enterprise usage, adoption and value.
Lead Alation technical implementation engagements including:
- Lead the client through pre-engagement meetings, on-premise and cloud-based product installation procedures, implementation of single sign-on (SSO), authentication configuration to LDAP or Active Directory.
- Configure out-of-the-box database, file system and business intelligence (BI) tool connectors and/or create custom connectors/feeds using scripts and the Alation REST API.
- Populate the loading of metadata from databases, file systems and BI tools.
- Define and populate Classifications, Taxonomies, Glossaries, Articles and Lineage.
Provide oversight of Solutions Engineers who are creating custom integrations for the ingestion of metadata.
Conduct training and advise customers on the approach and use of key product features and best practices to drive usage, adoption and value.
Document lessons learned, tips/tricks and contribute knowledge to FSFP’s methodology
Engage with Alation Professional Services and Customer Success Managers, as a team, to jointly deliver engagements and drive adoption
Manage client expectations and relationships, establish credibility, build problem-solving partnerships, while demonstrating FSFP’s values and delighting clients
- Passionate about client success and delivering consulting that improves their business
- 5‒10 years of data management consulting experience, including on-site consulting experience, preferably with a large management consulting or systems integration firm, or for the services arm of an enterprise software company
- Solution Architecture business analysis: gathering data, synthesizing information, forming insights and providing feedback
- Experience with Alation and/or other data catalog tools (Azure, Informatica, collibra, Infosphere and Oracle Enterprise Metadata management) is a major plus
- Experience with multiple databases, excellent SQL skills, and Python or Java experience using REST APIs
- Experience with Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR) and AWS or Azure
- Strong presentation, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with multiple (and sometimes conflicting) personal agendas
- Comfortable working independently in a non-traditional remote office environment with virtual teams using collaborative tools and approaches Up to 50% travel to client site is required
- Up to 50% travel to client site is required
No Phone Calls Please