First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge, and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic and resourceful team members to expand our Alation practice and delight our clients. As a Senior Data Catalog Consultant, you would lead data governance engagements that encompass Alation’s data catalog software and leverage FSFP’s proven methodology and frameworks to deliver high-value data governance and Alation programs.
- Lead data governance engagements that leverage the Alation solution
- Develop roadmaps for clients to expand their data governance capability and implement Alation
- Provide recommendations and guidance on how best to utilize Alation to provide business value, thereby extending the use and adoption of Alation to additional lines of business and for additional use cases
- Engage with Alation Professional Services and Customer Success Managers, as a team, to jointly deliver engagements and drive adoption
- Identify opportunities to extend client engagements; translate opportunities to increase Alation adoption into proposals, defined engagements and statements of work (SOWs) to be delivered to clients
- Manage client expectations and relationships, establish credibility and build problem-solving partnerships, while demonstrating FSFP’s values and delighting clients
Passionate about client success and delivering consulting that improves their business
Demonstrated experience extending client engagements and developing long-term relationships with clients
Minimum 10+ years of data management consulting experience, including three years of program management leadership responsibility for large teams delivering to Fortune 2000 customers; also, on-site consulting experience, preferably with a large management consulting or systems integration firm, or for the services arm of an enterprise software company
Solution Architecture experience in any of the following: data governance, master data management, reference data, data quality, data warehousing or analytics programs
Experience with Alation and/or other data catalog tools (Azure, Informatica, Collibra, Infosphere and Oracle Enterprise Metadata management) is a major plus
Strong presentation, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with multiple (and sometimes conflicting) personal agendas
Comfortable working independently in a non-traditional remote office environment with virtual teams using collaborative tools and approaches
Up to 50% travel required to client sites
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS