Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you’ll do
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Solve problems such as optimizing memory usage and performance for our mobile partners, and of course striving for a high adblocking quality
- Ensure the stability of our SDKs across all platforms and partners
- Ensure that partner requests are answered and implemented, and that partners are satisfied
- Keep up with changes related to Chromium versions and translate these into the required changes for our libraries
- Work with other team members for code reviews and coordination of QA
What you bring:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of how the web technically works
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Android SDK and OS
- Experience working with complex software projects
- Experience with concurrency/multithreaded development (both C++ and Java/Kotlin)
- Experience with Building Systems (e.g. GNU make, gradle)
- Experience of cross platform native development (Android, iOS, Linux)
- Experience of UI and Unit-testing for Android
- Knowledge of version control systems (git)
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Proactive problem solver with a good attitude
It’s awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Knowledge about Java or other programming languages
- Experience working on open source projects
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
- The ability to speak Mandarin (not at all required, but would be amazing)
A little bit about the team you’ll work with
The Distribution Partners team works on growing eyeo’s number of users by finding and collaborating with partners that help us build scale. Some of our partners include Samsung Internet, ZTE, Zoomob and Maxthon (we usually integrate with the browser or operating system teams). Our team currently has 4 developers in addition to a number of designers, data analysts and business development people.
For this role, we prefer that you are based in or near Cologne, but will consider remote work for the right candidate.
Not sure if this is for you? Consider contributing first.
When applying, please include a code sample or, preferably, references to open source projects you’ve worked on.