Pathstream is seeking a data-driven marketing professional with higher education experience to build and manage our digital marketing initiatives to reach and attract prospective students. Applicants should be passionate about the future of education and excited about the Pathstream mission to reach underserved and non-traditional students with an education that prepares them for the jobs of tomorrow. This position is based at Pathstream’s headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to get their hands dirty, take ownership and be accountable for our digital marketing strategy and execution. In this role you will manage all paid digital and account-based-marketing campaigns, collaborating internally as well as with our tech partners and higher education partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a major contributor to the growth of the company.
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to tech-related careers, at scale.
Software companies, colleges, students, and employers suffer from a growing skills gap because there is no intermediary to provide education that directly prepares students for digital-skill careers.
We partner with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital skill careers, which are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners through our online, active-learning environment. Students can access these courses just like any other course at their college, at no extra cost. However, unlike most college courses, our program and technology allows students to learn by creating real work projects in the same software used on the job.
Progress in our first 9 months:
- Partnerships with Facebook, Unity, Tableau, Silicon Valley Bank, and Salesforce (others to be announced soon)
- Partnerships with 25+ community colleges that collectively reach over 1 million students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking new model in HigherEd, as featured in this TechCrunch article.
About the role and your impact
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead multi-channel digital lead generation (including SEM, SEO, Social and Marketing automation) to acquire students for our higher education partners
- Identify potential student segments for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Develop and refine marketing communications to convert leads to applicants
- Cross collaborate with our tech partners and higher education partners to execute programs
- Oversee the timely execution of campaigns, including messaging, creative assets, targeting, budgeting, scheduling, etc.
- Manage lead acquisition to ensure smooth lead hand-off for nurturing and follow-up post campaign
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of landing pages, display banners, ad copy, and other marketing assets.
- Analyze results from A/B and multivariate tests to drive the use of proven best practices.
- Develop reporting on key performance indicators, analyze and interpret trends and provide actionable insights based on available ad platform results, and website analytics data.
- Analyze customer behavior across the entire conversion cycle to improve customer experience and increase conversion.
- Track program results, measure program success, and report metrics and presentations to internal stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on business findings and campaign results.
- Proven work experience in a digital marketing role; 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience in lead generation in the higher education space, preferred
- Proven success running paid search, paid social, paid display and content syndication across multiple channels and platforms, as well as optimizing websites for lead generation
- Deep understanding of key digital marketing metrics
- Strong quantitative skills with proven experience in analyzing and optimizing marketing performance
- Ability to have detailed conversations regarding analytics and metrics while balancing with consumer and creative insight.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and well-suited to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
About our culture
- We believe in our founding premise - every individual should have access to the digital skills needed to succeed in the modern economy.
- We believe the best team members are kind, collaborative, and supportive.
- We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive.
- We believe in learning and development and seeking feedback to improve.
- We gain energy in rapid-growth environments with evolving expectations and responsibilities.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- A strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience (this is a full time, exempt, salaried position).
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, paid time off, commuter benefits, and 401(K).
- Great coworkers!
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our Pathstream team, please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- A note with 5 sentences or fewer on why you are interested
- A resume or list of previous work experiences
- (Optional) A quick walkthrough of a marketing strategy you have implemented, ideally in the form of a case study (e.g., the problem, your strategy and role, the end result)
Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.