Who is Elementum™?
Good question. Elementum makes supply chain simple. You know, supply chain—that thing that moves the $25T product economy. That’s “T” as in…….. tell me more. We do this with our first-of-its-kind cloud-based incident management application. This intuitive, easy-to-use application enables supply chain participants as well as their external partners to collaborate on rapidly resolving supply chain issues to ensure that the right products get to the right locations at the right time.
We’re missing this one piece though. You. No, really.
What is the Sr. Manager, Platform Engineering role?
Glad you asked! Sr. Manager, Platform Engineering is responsible for building and managing the platform and architecture which power Elementum;s suite of web and mobile applications. We’re looking for people who have experienced the challenge of building highly complex, cloud, multi-tenant platforms with unprecedented scalability, reliability and availability. We’re looking for people with a healthy dose of curiosity who constantly think “there must be a better way AND I want to create it”.
If you have a passion for winning and a proven track record of success in building SaaS enterprise software paired with consumer influences and modern software design —well, it’s about time you started working here.
What you will do:
- Lead Elementum’s Platform Engineering team building a multi-tenant, Well-Architected SaaS offering on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Coordinate the efforts of the team to deliver the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities while influencing a much larger cross- functional group
- Partner with our product management, user experience and quality assurance teams to develop strong and effective relationships
- Evolve our delivery processes and drive cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Manage, train and hire a strong organization of platform developers
- Respond to and resolve service and customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of system architecture, web applications and performance optimization concepts.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) including RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, SES
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with web technologies such as Java, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Nginx, Redis, and ElasticSearch
- Comfortable with Database Design (ERD), SQL and database administration
- Experience with using JIRA, Confluence or other collaboration and ticketing systems
- Experience with tools such as Tenable, Cloudhealth, Sumo Logic
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience in CI/CD methodology and tools with daily deployment to production
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites (5%)
- You are warm, compassionate, and accepting of others
- As a startup, we're looking for people that are flexible, open-minded, and able to wear all sorts of hats.
- Strong leadership and execution skills with ability to drive results and deliver in a fast pace environment
- You are a high-energy, motivated self-starter and team player who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves
- You are able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent engineering disciplines
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of management experience in enterprise software platform development
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Flexible vacation policy
- Engage with senior management regularly
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity