Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a deep passion for technology and are masters at their craft. We build highly sophisticated distributed systems and we don’t take our technology lightly. At Elastic, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a vibrant young company next to some of the smartest and highly skilled technologists the industry has to offer. We’re looking for great team players, but we also promote independence and ownership. We’re hackers… The good kind. The kind that innovates and creates cutting edge products that eventually translates to a lot of happy, smiling faces.
Elastic’s Support team is unlike any other on Earth: while we are spread across 12 time zones and 15 countries, we operate as a unit, as a family. We are massively distributed yet lovingly intimate. The service we deliver is caring, empathetic, and human yet ambitious, direct, and comprehensive. We don’t do it alone, as we are tightly integrated with our core developers in a way that is real, genuine, and never taken for granted. Our team is a dream for someone seeking honest, hard work and rewards. It is a nightmare for anyone afraid to ask questions or be questioned — always forward, never backward. We are not trying to change the world, we already have. We’re just waiting for everyone else to catch up. We have our good days and our not so good days, and we face them together, as a family. We listen. We solve. We guide. We get it. And we’re excited to bring on a new team member to love.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring customer issues are resolved within our committed service level agreements.
- Managing a team of support engineers (providing guidance, career development assistance)
- Working cross-functionally with various business units requests' and partner concerns
- Maintain strong relationships with our customers for the delivery of support.
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes and customer satisfaction.
What you bring along:
- Proven experience in Technical Support in a technology businesses.
- Hands-on people management experience (previous experience overseeing technical resources)
- A technical background in fields like; System Administration, Network Engineering, Software Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A customer-oriented focus.
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- Knowledge of databases or search software technologies.
- Experience with SaaS and/or Distributed systems.
- You are a great teammate; with a positive and adaptable approach.
- Proven technical understanding of software products.
- Collaboration with Developer teams on escalation issues.
- Curiosity is key! You have already researched our products and possibly downloaded our stack to test it out.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe looking after our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with a minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.