Elastic is looking for a social media analyst to help support the growth of our social media programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing and publishing engaging social media content for a multi-solution, SaaS company. Reporting to the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Analyst will support the social media team in creating and publishing content across Elastic’s solution areas: Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security. This position will execute the company’s social media strategy to help engage our audiences across relevant social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube). The candidate will collaborate with multiple teams, not limited to: Communications, Product Marketing, Community, Demand Generation, and Design.
Applicants should enjoy working in a fast-paced, distributed/remote environment and have demonstrated initiative, creativity, analysis, and understanding of the social media landscape. We value a can-do attitude, passion for exceeding expectations, and a sharp focus on driving toward business outcomes. This is a great opportunity to help extend and evolve the social media program in a highly dynamic, fast-growing company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Schedule, publish, and analyze social media content across the platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc).
- Oversee the social media content calendar to determine appropriate timeline for posting, engaging and optimizing content specific to each platform
- Support the Social Media Marketing Manager in reporting social performance, monitoring chatter on social, engaging and addressing feedback from the community while promoting positive brand conversation
- Coordinate with content creators and designers to develop and deliver assets
- Collaborate with the Talent Brand team on promoting Elastic’s culture on our social channels
- Work with engineering and product marketing teams to refine messaging for social
What You Bring:
- Someone with their ‘finger on the pulse’ of social trends, new platform features and best practices
- Organizational skills (you’ll be wrangling lots of people)
- Prior, demonstrable experience in a social media role
- Some community relations experience
- Two-three years in communications, social media
- Strong writing skills and ability to craft messages in Elastic’s voice
- Experience with social media tools like Sprinklr or Sprout Social, Bitly, Google Analytics, and G-Suite
- Knowledge of the search and data management space
- Deep knowledge of Elastic’s products and solutions
- An eye for design
- Experience with paid social