At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re scaling our Federal team and hiring for a Sales Director covering our Army account. Elastic’s Public Sector team is dedicated to develop solutions tailored to our Government customer base.
The first salespeople who sold paper and pencils, relational databases, and Hadoop did very well for themselves. Elastic is the next thing in data; we are rapidly growing and searching for a strong individual to help drive our business forward. Are you a creative sales person with ambition to develop new business in a dynamic market? Does learning new technology excite you? Do you maintain an optimistic vision for your future and inspire your colleagues, customers and business partners around you? Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? We would love to have you join us for the ride.
Let's Talk if You:
- Have 7-10 years of successful experience selling SaaS and/or open source software.
- Have 5+ years of experience selling into DoD (Army) with a comprehensive understanding of the local Public Sector landscape and associated business processes.
- Have knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products.
- Are known for your operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to do incredible work.
- Are consultative in relationships with your customers and have ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate with both developers and executives.
What You Will Do:
- Lead your territory and grow your pipeline - identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem solve to build and meet Government customers’ demand for Elastic’s services.
- Position yourself as the industry authority and consultant to your partners and prospects by understanding their needs, enabling your customers to get business insights in real-time data exploration, and providing them with the most advanced open source search and analytics engine available.
- Collaborate with peers to develop fresh approaches, winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Drive new business and be a great partner within your region to customers by being an inspiring leader in your marketplace.
- Use SFDC to forecast activity and recurring monthly revenue achievement.
- Travel to meet customers or as business requires (30%).
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- 401k plan
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 23 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.