At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have deep passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. Right now we are looking for a Security Analyst to join our Information Security (InfoSec) team. The InfoSec team leads the strategy, policy, and programs for information security company-wide. The team’s responsibilities include risk management, implementing a holistic security program, driving compliance initiatives, recommending and implementing security controls, preventing and detecting security threats, and managing incident response. It is doing all of this in a globally distributed company, thinking differently about how to best achieve critical information security objectives.
- Perform security analytics for the Elastic environment and collaborate with other teams across the company as needed
- Think like an attacker to test ourselves and help define better detection and analytics approaches
- Assist in analyzing cyber threat intelligence for impact to Elastic and help define needed actions as necessary
- Adapt security protections to be effective in the Elastic distributed, SaaS-focused environment.
- BA or a higher degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS) or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of relevant work experience in related roles
- You know how to collect logs and analyze SIEM data, and you are deeply passionate about actionable security analytics and threat hunting.
- Knowledge on offensive security approaches and ethical hacking is a plus
- You care about operational efficiency and can embrace a DevOps approach
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.