At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re looking for a creative, talented, and dynamic team member who can help extend Elastic’s narrative among external and internal audiences. The Corporate Communications Manager will work within the Corporate Communications and Customer Advocacy team to help drive programs and campaigns to showcase Elastic’s unique technology, business and culture. Your role is essential in helping to evangelize our broader corporate narrative to key media audiences and influencers around the world.
As a Corporate Communications Manager at Elastic, you will have the opportunity to help grow three core areas of communications - public relations, analyst relations and internal communications. In this role, reporting into the vice president of marketing, you will help build and execute thought-leadership and corporate communications campaigns in support of our business and technology objectives and key themes, as well as execute communications programs that help your fellow Elasticians understand our business, connect and engage with one another and stay in tune with Elastic’s unique culture and values – see our Source Code!
You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed within marketing and across other functions (legal, HR, investor relations, product management, product marketing, engineering, etc.) and across our distributed geographies. You will also help build and manage Elastic’s employee intranet/wiki as the go to resource to share company-wide information, including writing, curating, and overseeing production of content. Measurement is important, so gathering engagement analytics and qualitative feedback to gauge success of communications initiatives will be important.
What you’ll do
- You will play a critical role within the team, supporting key communications initiatives, such as product and solution launches, thought leadership programs and events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media and influencers that cover Elastic’s technology and business.
- Disseminate news through creative and quirky ‘press releases’ and media alerts.
- Write, proofread and edit content including thought leadership articles, press releases, speaking abstracts, blogs, and more.
- Coordinate with internal company spokespersons to participate in media interviews and PR briefings/inquiries.
- Work with other groups to drive cross-functional execution and results.
- Serve as the company advocate when interfacing with one or more external PR firms to ensure coordination and message consistency for global activities.
- Aggregate and distribute press/PR coverage to internal stakeholders (as well as sharing insights from relevant research reports to the larger organization).
- Partner with other members of the Corporate Communications team and ELT to develop content for Company All Hands meetings.
- Partner with your manager to deliver executive-level reporting on a regular cadence and build efficient processes for distributing program updates across the organization at large.
- Work with the social media manager and other marketing and product marketing team members to create social content (includes drafting some posts).
- Update and help create presentations for PR briefings.
- Maintain PR interactions and press release schedule spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of using Businesswire, PRNewswire or another wire service preferred.
- 5+ years’ in-house or agency PR experience required, emphasis on corporate communications, internal communications, or social media strongly preferred. Technology experience is a must.
- A strategic, critical thinker with amazing storytelling skills who can work in a fast-paced high growth environment, with strong attention to detail with all assignments.
- Creative, proactive and enthusiastic; willing to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence.
- Prior experience working with C-level executives
- Excellent with grammar, spelling, copyediting and proofreading skills. Outstanding judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and adapt to rapidly changing business needs; ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Positive attitude and willingness to participate on projects and events in any way – big or small.
- Team player who is open to feedback and other perspectives.
- Proficient in using the Google suite.
- Experience with GaggleAMP, Sysomos or alternative social advocacy platform a plus.
This position is located in North America, preference for east or west coast and may require periodic travel.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance phenomenal work with a great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.