At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As an Engagement Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, finance, and sales team and wear many hats, servicing our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world's most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts.
You will be making an impact by working with our customers through managing communications, meeting facilitation, project scoping, project planning, scheduling, resourcing, and reporting. If you are passionate about building customer relationships and have stellar organization and multitasking skills, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create and track team resourcing including resource scheduling, assignment creation, timecard reviews, and utilization reporting in the Professional Services Automation ("PSA") tool
- Liaise with Elastic Customer Success and Sales Teams to prepare for customer project kickoffs with the Consulting team
- Facilitate project kickoffs and ask meaningful questions to understand the customer’s definition of success and identify project dependencies
- Liaise with customers to confirm onsite visits’ logistic details and provide project milestone reporting
- Confront issues proactively and transparently with management
- Advocate for the Consultants’ by sharing how their expertise and project experience
- Be comfortable working remotely with a highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many time zones
What You Bring Along:
- At least 5 years experience working in a customer facing, high-volume role, preferably for a professional services or consulting environment
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and a Professional Services Automation ("PSA") tool
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple time zones
- Create, track and build reports to support end of the month billing cycles and executive summaries
- Demonstrate very strong customer-facing communications and interpersonal skills
- Understand consulting projects billing process, invoicing, contract agreements, and revenue recognition
- Strong analytical skills with forecasting experience
- Project management certification or similar certification is a plus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law