We're looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on building a comprehensive go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Elastic's Observability (logging, metrics, APM, synthetics) solutions. This role includes owning everything required to drive adoption of Elastic's Observability solutions, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, competitive differentiation, product marketing, field enablement, media and analyst relations. As part of the Engineering team, you will work closely with Elastic product managers and engineers to align Elastic's Observability vision with the market, users, customers, and partners. Success criteria includes market expansion, external validation, and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic.
- Provide thought leadership around the evolving observability trend in the market.
- Be the expert on target personas and segments, how users adopt and customers buy our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Define the go-to-market plan and measurable KPIs against key goals; report on key initiatives at the company level.
- Own external messaging that clearly articulates Elastic’s position and differentiation within the observability market.
- Grow and share the expert knowledge on competitive capabilities.
- Lead strategy for community, events, and analyst relations.
- Create, curate, and present compelling content for releases, executive briefings, blogs and internal enablement.
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, and press interviews.
- Lead a growing observability PMM team including hiring and development of talent.
- Highly relevant domain expertise - industry experience in observability, APM, monitoring, and log analytics. Familiarity with the Elastic Stack a plus.
- Deep understanding of how open source communities adopt products. Experience leading go-to-market at an open source company a plus.
- Several years experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on enterprise customers with complex requirements.
- Experience leading product and/or product marketing functions at a specialized business unit, collaborating with matrixed generalist marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Bringing creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and think differently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Comfort working in a cross functional role with a highly distributed team.