At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Support team is seeking a Customer Service Representative who will be a founding member of a new team we are building to handle non-technical support requests. As we are a distributed team and company, your location can virtually be anywhere. It's imperative that you enjoy working from home, or an unaffiliated coworking space if you do not live adjacent to an Elastic workplace, and have a strong sense of self-direction.
What You Will Be Doing:
An important part of our help to customers includes non-technical questions around licensing, billing, and similar topics. This role and the team would be focused on those topics, and specifically:
- Working directly with customers to understand and resolve their issues via email or sometimes phone
- Working with other departments within Elastic as needed to resolve customer issues
- Understanding and helping us improve our business systems and processes to avoid issues in the first place
What You Bring Along:
You have a high level of enthusiasm and pride in your work, you have a strong ability to learn, and you see change and challenges as opportunities to make things better.
You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling. In fact, you're excited to share some of the significant improvements you've made in past situations with us!
If that's you, hopefully, you also have:
- 3+ years of work experience
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a case management system, with defined Service Level Agreements and Objectives
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.