At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open-source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites 600+ employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Are you are a software engineer who loves education? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic! In this role, you will support our global team of Education Engineers through creating and developing new educational materials for classroom and online training. You will also help maintain existing courseware and create software tools for interactive learning.
This role will have direct influence in helping us grow and expand our education program by creating new courses for in-person and on-demand as well as helping build a certification program. The education materials you help build will be used by thousands of people every year!
Our ideal candidate thrives in an autonomous setting, taking the initiative to independently deliver results, as most of the team works remotely and we are happy to consider you wherever you live.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create scripts, programs, and other similar technical artefacts that will assist the students in their learning environment and labs for courses
- Getting your hands dirty playing and experimenting with the software and code
- Keep existing Elastic Stack courseware up-to-date with the fast-changing features of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats
- Keep up to date with changes and advancements in the Elastic Stack and other similar technologies by following GitHub and other communications
- Work with the engineering team, education team, and subject matter experts to improve the infrastructure of the learning environment
What You Bring Along:
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- A minimum of 4-years experience working as devops, SRE, infrastructure engineer
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and Github required
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environment
- Strong knowledge of modern programming languages like Python and Go
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features you ship
- Strong communication skills while multitasking at a rapid pace
- Excited to work with a highly distributed team and collaborative environment
- Experience building and developing curriculum
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to engineers, developers and other technical positions
- A capacity to learn new things quickly and express your knowledge in a meaningful way
- A desire to learn as much as possible about the internals and use cases of the Elastic Stack
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. The candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.