Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We seek to hire a Contracts Manager to join the commercial legal team in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company. This is a North American based position.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support contract management needs of commercial counsel, while reporting to a senior contract manager and performing such other tasks as delegated.
- Coordinate contract administration lifecycle, including responding to and tracking inbound requests, basic review and contracts interpretation, routing to team members for handling, archiving and maintaining confidentiality of all work material.
- Help handle workflow for contract review process.
- Coordinate with sales teams during contract and order form review acting as a contact within the legal department for contractual terms, requests, review, copies, questions, etc.
- Negotiate, structure, and close Customer NDAs and Customer contracts, working directly with the Company’s Sales teams around the globe.
- Manage forms, playbooks and procedures in support of Customer contract initiatives.
What You Bring Along
- You have at least 6 years of experience in an in-house legal department, assisting in the administration and management of contracts.You have excellent judgment, are able to balance competing demands on your time, independently function in a dynamic environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humor. You have front line experience negotiating contracts based on a defined playbook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, user-experience focused results in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working in high-growth companies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Equity grant
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.