At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join the Elastic Cloud team and help us make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation of our Elastic Cloud and Elastic Cloud Enterprise products. You will make it easy for customers to use our products when deploying the Elastic Stack, either on our hosted service or on an infrastructure of their own choosing. You can grasp the opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and handle multiple Elastic Clusters. Does this sound like you?
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will innovate, lead and contribute to the development and user experience of both our hosted and on-premise offerings.
- You will work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product, Operations and Engineering teams to define and shape the tasks we work on.
- Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across everything from a few Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances to many thousands
What You Will Bring:
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of web application development experience
- Worked or experimented with React
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- TypeScript a plus
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.