At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As a Frontend Developer, you’ll be joining a small team of developers to work on the web apps of our core products; Todoist and Twist. Both apps are highly interactive and complex, allowing you to leverage modern tools such as React and Redux, to deliver a unique experience to over a million of our active users around the world.
Like every member of the team, you’ll own the projects from day one and help the team make core architectural decisions. Within this role you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate in cross-functional teams to drive exciting initiatives like @mentions for Twist or the new dark mode for Todoist. Questioning the status quo, improving processes, sharing, writing and testing code will be on your daily agenda.
- Experience building complex interactive web applications.
- Experience in writing automated unit, integration or end-to-end tests.
- The ability to use and customize tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp) to streamline our development and build processes.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated. Previous experience working in remote team is a bonus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our [recruitment privacy notice](https://workable.com/nr?l=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1QeOFjp53JeGtfTCxluScbeuRgGeOeRuLA1y7HP-bpU%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing). For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org._