Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating a world class web experience for a community of 3.5 million developers.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer who shares our passion for web development best practices and can solve problems on a range of web projects. You’ll be working on a range of online properties including our public facing company website digitalocean.com and our Community website which are visited by more than 3.5 million developers every month. You’ll have the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our product, development experience, and team better.
Ideal candidates have experience working at a startup or tech-oriented organization, building world-class modern web applications.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated marketing, product managers, designers and other engineers across the stack to make ideas a reality. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop our corporate website, content management system, our Community knowledge base, and other public-facing websites
- Manage the infrastructure for relevant applications
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Contribute to project scoping and web roadmap timelines
- Work in conjunction with other web developers
- Provide technology solutions for desktop, tablet and mobile with an understanding of responsive design
- Quality assurance testing on all website projects prior to launch
- Work in an existing codebase to make improvements and fix issues
- Incorporate engineering best practices, creative and fresh thinking to enhance our user experiences
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Proven experience building and deploying applications at scale
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Concourse or other CI/CD tooling
- Experience with Prismic CMS is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Must be a self-starter and self motivated
- Empathy for developers who will be using the content and documentation that you support, and a determination to help DigitalOcean make a positive impact
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!