Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building infrastructure and products that help secure the cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with a background in leading company-wide platform initiatives to help drive the definition and delivery of services for DigitalOcean’s security function. Reporting to the Director of Product & Infrastructure Security, the Engineering Manager will oversee the team’s priorities, scheduling, delivery, and operations of the various security services.
This is an opportunity to lead a team focused on building the products, services and tools that will harden DigitalOcean’s platform, protect its customers, and level up its Security Operations Center. This is a high impact role that is essential for DigitalOcean to meet the needs of its growing customer base and infrastructure footprint.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Defining and driving the development of key services and tools to enhance security
- Leveling up the team through smart hiring, skills development, and cross-training
- Establishing best practices for development, deployment, and operations
- Working with peer teams to gather needs and define requirements
- Driving adoption of services throughout the company
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record of managing platform solutions from conception to delivery
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build relationships across teams and organizations throughout the company
- Ability to direct several initiatives in parallel and manage priorities and schedules
- Experience designing and building back-end distributed systems in a microservice architecture
- A passion and a drive to make bad people feel sad
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
_This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)_
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!