Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
**We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure. **
We are looking for an experienced business development executive with direct experience working in partnerships specifically in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or in a relative high-growth tech space. The Business Development Manager (BDM) builds, facilitates and drives partnerships to enable DO to meet its monthly recurring revenue goals (MRR). Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will serve as a General Manager, building one of the most strategic revenue areas of DigitalOcean’s business.
As the first BDM focusing on the European market a successful candidate will play a major role in identifying, developing, and growing partnerships. The Europe focused BDM will leverage their sales experience and channel management expertise to optimize all facets and stages of the DigitalOcean partner acquisition process. You will collaborate with the Director of Business Development and others across the organization to create a sustainable partner growth engine.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Representing DO’s brand to prospective partners over video or in the field face to face.
- Helping identify, continuously improve all Partner processes including but not limited to, lead management, on-boarding, education & development.
- Recruit, close, train, motivate and lead the Partner resellers in pursuit of your assigned revenue acquisition target.
- Developing, prioritizing, and managing your partner pipelines
- Taking a proactive lead working with marketing towards programs which drive partner revenue.
- Lead DO cross-functional initiatives in support of partner process improvement and enablement.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of success in developing partnership in a technology driven space such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, or similar space with a focus on partnerships and channels
- Public cloud infrastructure knowledge
- A proven methodology for consistent success
- Excellent analytical and business acumen
- Expertise working with a CRM system such as Salesforce or other sales-related software
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, running your partner business like a General Manager (GM)
- Ability to work collaboratively with Business Development Leadership and extended leadership teams across DO
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to present and explain our partner program value in a simple yet compelling manner
- Consistent performance against goals
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Business Development
Want to learn more about our Business Development team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!