Location: Onsite in Santa Clara, Austin or Manchester (UK) or fully Remote but residing in US or UK
Couchbase Sync Gateway (Mid Tier Web Service) is the key component that connects our mobile database, Couchbase Lite, to our back end Couchbase Server. It’s performance and stability are mission critical for our customer’s edge applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on the Sync Gateway team, you will bring your Go programming experience working on highly scalable back end systems to the team.
Your experience developing cloud services using the latest cluster orchestration systems will help lead us in implementing our product road map for years to come.
Going forward, you will be responsible for designing leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Design and develop new features for the Sync Gateway product
- Optimize existing Sync Gateway features for maximum performance
- Research leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Write API specifications for features under development
- Work with senior members of the engineering team and product management on feature road maps
- Interact with members of our open source community
- 8+ years large scale, distributed systems programming experience
- 2+ years data replication and access control
- 2+ years developing cloud services
- 2+ years of Go programming experience
- Experienced in concurrency/multi-threaded programming
- Experience with cluster orchestration systems such as Kubernetes