As a Lead Software Engineer in our Full Text Search (FTS) team, you will design and implement cutting-edge features and enhancements to our FTS. You will be part of a team working on the Couchbase full text search engine, which includes language analysis, storage, distributed systems, performance, and N1QL.
You’ll work with Go primarily, but your expertise in Java or C++ is just as important. You will bring server/systems tech expertise to the team and a growth mindset.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed search, query, storage replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- 7+ years experience producing enterprise level distributed software systems
- 3+ years Go, C++ or Java.
- Advanced knowledge in data structures, algorithms and concurrent programming.
- Possess hands-on expertise in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices.
Nice to have (But not required)
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems or Recommendation Systems is a plus.