Location: The preferred candidate will need to be based in the eastern region of the US
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
Solutions Architects are a part of the Professional Services Group. Solutions Architects are not a typical consultant – you will be responsible for making our most strategic customers successful.
You will lead short / medium term engagements at the client location focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, sizing & tuning Couchbase and recommending deployment topologies. This team solves real world problems, using brand new technology which leverages indexing, key value access, N1QL and full text search.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This means working on hands-on customer issues, and escalating problems as needed.
- Assist with all phases of Couchbase implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices.
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, troubleshooting.
- Work closely with the sales team and pre-sales team on technical escalations and help grow opportunities in existing accounts.
- Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issues escalation/resolution
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain the Couchbase Server technology and architecture.
- Be the technical product expert and trusted advisor for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape.
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices.
- 5+ years experience in consulting for enterprise back-end software, ideally database technologies (SQL or NoSQL).
- 2+ years experience with one or more Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) including troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Strong background in Application design and development
- Experience engaging with developers
- Familiarity with a traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely across all levels of the organization
- Fluent in English, Spanish a plus.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent