Senior Solutions Engineer (Remote)
Remote - USA
Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success.
Our Solutions (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. This includes explaining NoSQL advantages, how our Couchbase Server, Capella DBaaS, Autonomous K8s operator and our mobile database Couchbase Lite and how these can be used to solve the customer’s problem, all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
This specific position focuses on assisting customers interact with our technology via application code and the application development process. This developer centric position requires experience with two or more major programming languages we support as well as time developing software that solves specific business problems.
Server: Java, Scala, .NET, C, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby or Go
Location: This position will be a remote role with a preference for candidates based in the Central time zone. Preference will be given to applicants who currently live in this region.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase Server and Kubernetes operator and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain Couchbase Server and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience developing in two or more languages listed above (ideally one or more from Server and one or more from Mobile)
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong programming skills with any one of the following: Java, Python or Node.js
- Good fundamental knowledge of Linux and networks
- Good understanding of cloud platforms and services like AWS S3, EC2 etc.
- Good knowledge and demonstrable experience with software and database source integration.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Any experience with Kubernetes, Openshift, Containers
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience with database platform development is a plus.
- Hands on experience with development of large scale cloud servers (and/or distributed systems)