Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
Couchbase is seeking a Senior Product Manager to take on a key role in our products organization focused on mobile and edge computing portfolio of products.
Location: This is a remote role based in the UK but will need flexibility to work with a US-based team
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We are looking for someone with a technical background who is hands-on, detail oriented with great interpersonal and communication skills. Someone with a passion for learning, doing, contributing and growing with the Product team and the company would be a great fit.
- Execute on the strategic direction and vision for Couchbase in the areas of mobile/edge computing and distributed application development spanning our managed application backend, embedded database and on-prem Sync Gateway products.
- Partner closely with design and engineering teams to execute on the roadmap - working on technical product requirements, validating pre-release features and contributing to product documentation.
- Stay on top of market trends and competition. Focus on expanding the capabilities of our cloud-to-edge offering and identify areas for improving developer productivity and experience.
- As a lead product evangelist, you will work closely with our sales and product marketing teams in developing training material as well as delivering webinar and talks showcasing product features and benefits.
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience building concurrent and distributed software with complex technical product requirements
- 3+ years of experience developing client-side applications on one or more of these platforms - mobile (iOS, Android), web or desktop (Java, .NET, C). Have a good understanding of the core design principles of client app development.
- Comfortable with prototyping client side applications that can interface with our embedded database API or apps that can interface with backend RESTful and graphQL APIs.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Ability to distil customer use cases into functional requirements
- Familiarity with agile development processes and tools such as JIRA
- Familiarity with one or more public cloud service provider services from AWS, Azure or GCP is highly desirable
- Experience with one or more cross platform technologies such as Flutter, React Native, KMM or web technologies such as WASM is a plus.