At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Couchbase is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented self-starter to join our Pricing team as a Senior Manager. The position reports to the Director of Pricing and will work closely with Product Management, Finance, Sales Operations and Engineering to develop, refine and execute end-to-end pricing & licensing strategies.
In this role, you will be instrumental in creating new pricing & packaging models for both usage-based and term-based subscription offerings and identifying ways to improve pricing performance and profitability through conducting customer segmentation research, competitive analysis, financial modeling & data analytics and providing support to the Deal Desk on optimizing deal structures and reviewing deal profitability.
This position will also work closely with Finance & Engineering to optimize Couchbase cloud spending for our hosted offerings. In this capacity, your responsibilities will include modeling, forecasting and reporting cloud consumption costs and identifying how Couchbase can optimize cloud spending through procuring reserved instances from cloud vendors.
Location: This role is open to remote USA locations. #LI-RemoteUS
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a pricing/business analyst
- Familiarity with software pricing principles, business models, and route-to-market concepts
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Strong understanding of cloud platform billing & metering, including impact of usage patterns on total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Mastery of Excel with extensive experience building financial models
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and applying analytic frameworks for insights. Experience with common BI tools (Tableau or Power BI) and analytical tools like SQL and Python a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership, initiative and work ethic
- Excellent oral & written communication skills