Location: This role is either Remote USA, or else can be based in our Santa Clara, CA headquarters.
The Senior Manager of Procurement is responsible for the overall procurement strategy, policies, process and systems, driving operational efficiencies and improving the end-to-end stakeholder experience. The Sr. Manager will continue to transform existing procurement processes breaking down silos and working cross-functionally to enhance procurement from initial request through contract negotiation and execution. We're looking for an energetic, passionate and hands-on leader that will work with the business, third party providers, and collaborate with internal teams to drive value.
- Develop a comprehensive organizational procurement strategy
- Own procurement policies
- Manage, develop and enhance end-to-end procurement processes and systems (Coupa)
- Effectively engage cross-functional leaders to align priorities, drive business results and ultimately deliver value
- Manage co-sourced relationship with third party procurement vendor (Vendr)
- Be accountable for the day-to-day execution of the end-to-end procurement processes including educating stakeholders on roles and responsibilities, proactively managing the expiration and re-procurement of existing contracts in collaboration with internal stakeholders and Vendr, and where appropriate negotiate terms for vendor agreements (leveraging pre-defined positions for IT, Security, Accounting, and Legal)
- Create reporting and dashboards that can be utilized by operational teams when making purchasing decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of procurement experience, preferably with a technology company
- Mix of corporate and consulting experience preferred
- Proven record of achieving material financial and operational results
- Strong knowledge of key contractual terms for various contract types (services, software, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines, and hold others accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, and ability to interact effectively across the Company and with various business partners
- Proficiency in Coupa preferred