At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on – and the senior manager of customer marketing will own telling these exciting customer stories. Our customers include Amadeus, American Greetings, BT, Domino’s, PepsiCo, Emirates, Intuit, Tommy Hillfiger, Western Union as well as many other household names and applications you likely use every day.
We put customers at the center of everything we do, including marketing and storytelling. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to design and drive our customer marketing strategy and programs across the company. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of building stong relationships with customers and internal customer relationship managers who can produce compelling written case studies and video testimonials.
- Owning Couchbase’s customer reference program, working closely with sales, product marketing, customer success, customer support, and community teams to nurture existing references and to build diverse new relationships
- Driving recognition of the Couchbase brand through the customer voice by developing and managing impactful customer story assets including written case studies, blog posts, press releases, website content, presentations, producing video testimonials, etc. geared towards both business and technical audiences.
- Organize the content by geo, vertical, solution, use case, competitive wins for internal self-service and analyze customer data to prioritize and focus customer stories
- Serve as primary point of contact for reference requests, including industry analyst surveys, customer speaker submissions, PR, etc.
- Drive customer-focused programming and events, including at our annual user conference Couchbase Connect
- Be creative and introduce fresh ideas, strategies, and campaigns to identify customer evangelists, including repeatable, streamlined processes to work with the sales and customer success teams to expand the database of reference customers
- 5+ years in customer marketing or product marketing for SaaS B2B technology companies; experience within a company in the IT infrastructure/developer space preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce (including building reports), as well as TechValidate, TrustRadius, G2 Crowd and Peer Insights programs
- Proven track record of writing customer case studies, blog posts, and other content and producing testimonial videos
- Excellent business writing and oral communication/presentation skills, including the ability to create effective presentations; ability to present complex technical solutions in a clear and convincing way. Comfortable and confident speaking in front of and engaging with all levels of colleagues and customers, from entry-level employees to CxOs
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to perform and thrive in a high-energy and dynamic work environment
- Be a self-starter with a can-do attitude who truly enjoys writing, collaboration and building programs