Location: This role is open to Remote USA.
As a Cloud Commercial Advisor, you will serve as a strategic business partner to internal teams focused on accelerating adoption of Couchbase’s growing Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) portfolio. You will be a subject matter expert on commercial aspects related to the cloud database market providing pricing, quoting, competitive intelligence, and deal structuring advice to solve customer problems and support profitable growth.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Pricing & Cloud Business Operations and will play a critical role in removing obstacles and building scalable business processes so Couchbase can achieve higher deal velocity within our sales-led route-to-market.
- Advise Sales teams on deal sizing, structuring and quote creation based on customer requirements
- Create total cost of ownership (TCO) models to illustrate the quantitative and qualitative customer benefits of Couchbase’s DBaaS solutions
- Model competitive price comparisons based on workload sizing and usage patterns
- Work cross-functionally to create policies, process, and procedures to streamline and optimize deal closure with a focus on transacting through cloud marketplaces
- Create and develop relationships across the company to address internal & external questions and concerns
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus
- 5-10 years of related experience, preferably in deal desk, sales operations, finance, or contracts
- Deep understanding of cloud-based software & services delivery (i.e. Software-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service SaaS) including pricing, consumption models, and the impact of usage patterns on total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Solid mastery of Excel with experience building financial models
- Experience using Salesforce CPQ
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across multiple time zones in a remote capacity
- Ability to simply communicate complex ideas and issues to various stakeholders and seniority levels