At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
Couchbase is looking for a Principal Product Manager to take on a key role in our products organization focused on data, application, and cloud integrations.
Location: This is a remote role based in the US with preference for candidates based on the West Coast
- Define and evolve the strategic direction and vision for Couchbase in the above areas. Evaluate opportunities to expand the Couchbase portfolio and make Couchbase the preferred platform for developers and enterprises for their data needs
- Focus on expanding the capability of our cloud offering by looking at near-term opportunities for data management and making ML easier and more productive on Couchbase Capella.
- Integrations with new application development frameworks and paradigms like Serverless, JAMstack, and WebAssembly.
- Identify opportunities to expand our products’ capabilities and partner with engineering teams to develop prototypes and deliver new features
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a complex technical product with deep security requirements
- 2+ years of experience designing modern web services and database applications
- Strong technical skills and the ability to understand and discuss challenges facing developers, DBs as well as data scientists.
- Comfortable with prototyping applications and using APIs and using query languages like Graph
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases, and execute on them
- Experience working on data platforms, data catalogs, customer engagement platforms, or streaming applications is highly desirable.
- The ability to dive deeply into the technical understanding of how a product works.
- Ability to understand customer needs, build customer value, and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing