Location: Santa Clara, California or Remote
As a senior member of engineering team, you will be responsible for high performance data replication across geographically distributed data centers, for high availability at petabytes scale. Cross datacenter replication is a core Couchbase feature for enterprise-grade deployment with 24x7 availability. You will be working with a talented team to incorporate cutting edge research and idea on fault tolerant distributed system such as consensus protocol, eventual consistency model, distributed events ordering (e.g. vector clock), multi-writer conflict reconciliation, and conflict-free data type. You’ll work on problems that build on your knowledge of high performance scale-out distributed system, high availability, concurrency, networking and performance optimization.
- Create the world’s best, distributed software server infrastructure products which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews.
- Design and implement key modules for data replication Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Work with peers in an agile development environment.
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests
- You are a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person who enjoys worthy challenges.
- You are goal oriented and you enjoy the satisfaction of achieving your missions.
- You are passionate about distributed system, fault tolerant software or software architecture with good understanding on latest trends/research in these areas.
- You exhibit good judgment in making design and implementation choices.
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly.
- You are systematic and analytical in your design and thought process.
- You like to reduce/encapsulate complexity with elegant and generic solution.
- You emphasize writing high quality code.You are a good communicator and an excellent teammate.
- You have 5+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks