Couchbase works with the world’s biggest enterprise customers focused on transforming their organizations to take advantage of the digital economy. The list includes Amadeus, Cisco, Comcast, Domino’s, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco and many others. You can learn more here: www.couchbase.com/customers.
After our successful IPO on the Nasdaq in 2021, and the massive market opportunity ahead of us, the world is taking notice. Couchbase recently debuted on Gartner’s 2021 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems, following 2019’s designation as a leader in Forrester’s Big Data NoSQL Forrester Wave. However, it’s not just about being The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications, Couchbase aspires to be a values-driven, world-class company where our people thrive and do some of the most impactful work of their careers. See why our employees voted us a Best Place to Work in 2021.
To support our company’s growth objectives, we are adding a GSI Director-North America, to our Business Development team, focusing on our strategic alliances with key Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) to help deliver innovative solutions to our enterprise customers across the globe.
Are you an individual who possesses great commercial and technical evangelism skills, is customer focused, growth oriented, and enjoys working with, enabling and taking-to-market horizontal and vertical solutions with Tier1 GSIs? If so, read on. Couchbase is looking for a GSI Director - NA, with expertise in developing, growing and scaling go-to-market programs that support new customer acquisition, account expansion and retention. This position will serve as a key in-field business development executive and joint solution evangelist covering a number of large GSIs and their teams located in North America with technology practices focused on: Cloud Native Application Development, Application Modernization and Migration, Cloud Migration, and specialized Modern Data practices including NoSQL, Big/Fast/Distributed Data and Data Warehousing, Mobile/IoT and “Edge” Data, as well as complex Data Integration, Modeling, Governance and Cataloging in support of Master Data Management initiatives. These practices will complement Cloud-first and Hybrid/Multi-cloud competencies in pursuit of monetizing repeatable horizontal or vertical solutions via resell, sell-thru / managed services, and/or sell-with and opportunity influence account activities. This role will play a key role in Couchbase’s Business Development organization that manages all partner and channel relationships for the Company, including public cloud and technology ecosystem partners, as well as regional SIs, VARs and consultancies. In particular, the GSI Director - NA, will work as part of a cross-functional team to evangelize, enable, and identify/develop joint solutions with certain GSIs that ultimately generate sourced and influenced bookings for Couchbase, working in collaboration with regional sales and business development colleagues.
- Manage named strategic GSI partners, with goals aligned to overlay quota attainment and alliance development activities
- Recruit, influence and educate GSIs of both the technical and commercial benefits associated with Couchbase projects
- Develop and execute both a composite GSI partner go-to-market strategy and tactical quarterly and annual GSI partner business plans, focusing on monetizing joint solutions
- Evangelize end customer success and business outcomes driven by joint solutions delivered by GSI partners and Couchbase
- Support and facilitate the execution of GSI partner campaigns, demand generation activities and other regional initiatives led by other team members
- Align with Couchbase Developer Community Relations, Couchbase Education and Field Engineering to drive Couchbase competency and help establish new Centers-of-Excellence with certified practitioners
- Identify, pursue, manage and coordinate joint solution sales activities working closely with Field Sales, SEs and Partner Architects.
- Ensure that managed GSI partners are technically enabled and proficient at executing Couchbase Professional Services projects and associated application development and migration opportunities
- Achieving sourced and influenced Couchbase bookings goals
- 10+ years working in a Strategic Alliance, Partner Sales Executive, and/or Channel program leadership role
- Must be proficient at navigating complex GSI organizations, and possess an active, trusted and reliable network of contacts
- Possess strong executive communication and presentation skills with an ability to concisely present complex solutions in both 1:1 and 1:many/large group settings
- Strong business acumen, and focus on driving business results
- Proficient at developing and executing business plans, including gathering consensus and alignment on priorities and supporting execution in the field
- Familiarity with related and supporting job functions in legal, marketing, sales, pre- and post- sales professional services, and sales ops. Experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Direct experience with Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike, Redis, and/or Hadoop is preferable, but not required.
- Self-starter with the energy and focus required to quickly scale, but also comfortable with building and using processes and project management best practices for job and organizational effectiveness
- Fluency in speaking to the full range of budget and IT stakeholders, including C-level and Director-level
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the emerging trends in the Data and Cloud ecosystems. Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure with outstanding time management skills
- Preferred location in NA East corridor, e.g. New York/New Jersey metro, Philadelphia; Chicago / Midwest area also preferred, with ability to travel to both partner and customer sites up to 25% (assuming a return to more normalized business travel)Bachelor’s degree