The Product/Application Security - Manager is a highly visible role and will be responsible for
establishing secure SDLC practices including threat modeling and security testing to ensure the
delivery of secure product releases. You will evaluate application environments to ensure they are
being designed and deployed in compliance with industry standards and best practices. You will
collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering, SRE, Project Managers and others, in
determining and ensuring that security requirements for product releases are met as part of all
phases of the secure software development lifecycle (SDLC) process
You are a software developer at heart with a strong passion for security who will be regarded as
the SME for all things Product Security. You will work with multiple engineering teams to
standardize, implement and enhance product security. You will take an active role in training and
spreading awareness to help build a security first culture. You will be responsible to support
application security tool deployments and recommend improvements on the tools and processes
established within our application security framework to increase efficiency and mature the
This is a hands role where you will get to work on cutting edge technologies. There will be frequent exposure to senior management where you will get an opportunity to influence and mold the security culture.
- Perform security software architecture review and integrate threat modeling and abuse cases into the SDLC; Advise and implement secure software architecture patterns.
- Drive the development and implementation of standard security review processes across the company that result in effective methods for reducing security risks before product releases.
- Integrate application security tools within existing development, build and deployment processes.
- Conduct dynamic and static code scan reviews and run-time tests.
- Assist with the planning and execution of application penetration tests.
- Interface and collaborate with Engineering, Cloud and SOC teams during security incidents.
- Define and enforce IAM guidelines.
- Champion the remediation of security vulnerabilities in the products within define SLAs.
- Assist in completing RFP security questionnaires.
- Define and establish a bug bounty program.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 6-8+ years’ experience focused in the areas of software engineering, application security, cloud security and related disciplines.
- Solid understanding of current secure coding principles (e.g., OWASP Top10, OWASP SAMM) and Agile software development practices.
- Familiarity with a variety of software development and automation tools (e.g., GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Qualys, SonarCube, Veracode, BlackDuck etc.)
- A good understanding of threat modeling and how to mitigate application security risks.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management including CVSS scoring and CVEs across open source and third-party software and supply chains.
- Strong understanding of various types of cloud service models (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS).
- In Addition, good understanding of security features in AWS, Azure and GCP Infrastructure.
- Good understanding of SSO, including OAUTH, SAML, Database and Mobile security experience a plus.
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, AWS Certified Security, Azure Security, Google Cloud Security Engineer are considered a plus.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently on engagements.