The Couchbase Server Director of Product Line Marketing Manager will be the outward facing champion of Couchbase’s product lines. This role will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating both the technologic and business values of the platform in order to increase our product adoption in an extremely competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Product line messaging and positioning with an eye on consistency across the product offerings and targeting specific audiences.
● Creation of strategic sales tools including presentations and competitive product positioning for use by Couchbase’s direct sales force and partners.
●Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers about relevant technology and business issues for Couchbase developers and architects.
● Developing cost effective lead generation campaign programs including messaging, long-form content, follow-up tactics, and promotions.
● Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts.
● Researching industry segments, use cases and business functions where Couchbase technology can have significant impact.
● Coordinating and communicating Go-To-Market needs with sales enablement, product management, engineering, developer advocacy, documentation and services groups.
● Interacting with analysts to influence market perception.
● Speaking publicly about Couchbase products.
● Publishing blogs to support our social media strategy.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product & Solutions Marketing who is located at Couchbase corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- A degree in applicable database, computer science or networking disciplines or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of enterprise software industry business experience, ideally in marketing, pre-sales, engineering or product management
- Experience working in the evolving database markets such as NoSQL or big data analytics are a significant plus
- Experience in technical sales or business development a significant plus
- Experience using relational databases, NoSQL databases Linux and windows operating systems and cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred
- Ability to present technical concepts and examples to a varied audience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities across departments and functions as applied to product launch activities
- Self-starter with abundant initiative
- Experience in software product management is a plus
- Web publishing experience is a plus
- Some travel required
- The ideal candidate will be a creatively thinking former IT or database programmer with sales, marketing or product management experience who wants to work in a fast paced market-making environment and organization.